Friends of Wellesley Council On Aging
The Friends of Wellesley Council on Aging
is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that seeks
to create a vibrant aging experience to enrich
the lives of Wellesley citizens 60 and over by
providing financial support for special programs,
activities and other needs of the COA.
WHAT WE DO?
We desire to improve the welfare of all of
Wellesley Seniors by helping to provide an
environment for comfortable, friendly and
supportive social contact.
Our objectives include:
- Support Programs, Services and Facilities.
- Help expand programs, classes and clinics.
- Fund the purchase and maintenance of equipment.
- Fundraise for the COA through memberships, sponsorships, corporate gifts and events.
- Provide publicity in the community for the work of the COA.
- Administer grants to provide support to groups to help Seniors in need.
Friday May 19th
A fun evening of casino games, prizes and refreshments
To be held at Tishman Commons, Wellesley College
All Ages Welcome!
Tickets are $15.00 per person.
for your tickets
Friends of Wellesley Council on Aging
New Era Fund
The construction of the Tolles Parsons Council on Aging building begins a new era for Wellesley residents and our growing population of seniors, enriching their lives with physical fitness, learning, social engagement and intergenerational activities.
Your financial support is needed with the opening of the warm and welcoming dedicated facility, and the launch of new and exciting activities, to maximize the opportunities for seniors to develop a healthy and vibrant lifestyle.
Your gift of any amount is essential to support the needs of Wellesley Seniors.
Please make your tax-deductible contribution today to:
The Friends of Wellesley Council on Aging New Era Fund
Mail to: P.O. Box 812840, Wellesley, MA 02482
JOIN US -- We need your help!
The Friends of Wellesley Council on Aging needs your help. We are actively pursuing board members, directors and volunteers including: event organizers, marketing assistance, computer skills, finance, legal, drivers, event management, helpers and more.
Why are funds needed
beyond the amount
budgeted by Town Meeting?
- To purchase or upgrade furnishings, equipment and technology not included in the budget
- To provide for future maintenance and repair beyond normal wear & tear
- To support increased participation that will follow the opening of the new facility
- To augment town funding in 2017 and beyond: Wellesley residents age 60 and over represent 20% of our population, yet the Council on Aging receives only 1/3rd of 1% of the annual town budget to provide programs & vital services
How can I contribute?
- Allocation of equities, mutual funds, bonds and other financial instruments
- Naming rights and recognition program
"Casino Night" - May 19
See details below!